The computing power and affordability of mobile devices such as smartphones and tables makes them a very appealing platform for telemedicine and personalized health tracking.
Base 10 Labs is helping cutting edge companies such as Ear Machine and Tinnix with their NIH grants and clinical tests for the next wave of hearing health technology.
Some of the areas of research include:
- Personalized, on the fly, audiometry testing to assess hearing acuity in real world environments.
- Realtime sound processing that transform recorded music or live sound using the devices built-in microphone and off the shelf headphones
- Accurate sound pressure level monitoring without specialized hardware
- Context aware sound playback to accommodate to the user listening environment.
- Affordable tools for health professionals to help assessment of audio impairments or self-assessment tests.